Picking a colocation provider for your servers is never easy, there are many things to recognize and it is often a costly affair if you decide to go further.
Here are some tips on what to include in the search process of the right colocation data center. To get more information about the colo data center, you may go through https://www.coloco.net/data-center-locations/.
Image Source: Google
1. Make sure the colocation provider certifications for the data center, to be PCI compliant, SAS 70 audited or certified level 4. See if your needs or your clients need one of these certifications (or others).
2. Make sure that the installation is a large available capacity or space to grow, so you will not have to move it later if the installation is filled.
3. Check the online reputation of colocation providers in the googling and checking blogs and industry forums, which will also reveal whether they had big problems outage or something like that.
4. Ensure that the data center is carrier neutral and has a good selection of media available for maximum flexibility. In large hotels in data centers or carriers, there will most likely be a meet-me room (MMR) for interconnection and possibly even an Internet Exchange (IXP).
5. Investigate the amount of energy in your equipment and will check with the data center if they can provide cooling for that amount.