Many people turn to high-tech devices like burglar alarms, electronic access controls, and camera systems to improve the security of their homes or business. The simple locks that keep the door closed are often overlooked.
These locks provide the building's physical security and prevent intruders at the most basic level. These are the top five reasons to use high-security locks:
1. Patented Key Control: Most high-security locks use a restricted key system. You can also click this link if you want the best-restricted system for your home or office. High-Security Keys are protected by patents and cannot be duplicated except by licensed locksmith dealers. To prevent unauthorized persons from copying these keys, they can be signed.
Image Source: Google
2. Pick Resistance: Standard locks can be easily picked, just like what you see on TV. You can easily find lock pick sets online and, with some practice, you will be able to open locked doors in minutes or seconds.
3. Drill Resistance: High-Security Lock Cylinders are designed to resist any drill attack. Simply create a shear line between your lock and the housing by simply opening it. This can be done with a small drill to drill a hole at the top of most locks.
4. Increased protection to physical attack: High-security locks come approved with strengthened strike plates and in some cases an interlocking mortise. These security features are essential for protecting your home and business.
5. Lasting quality: These locks are better than ever. All brass and steel parts are used in these locks. These locks are made of solid brass and steel components that cannot be easily broken or bent by an intruder.
These five key criteria are important to consider when buying a lock. Before spending money on an expensive electronic security system, make sure that physical security is first. The burglar's greatest enemy is time, so it is difficult for them to get in.