Master Reset means that it will erase your entire device’s data including your favorites, your custom settings and it will restore your device to the default factory settings. So, before performing that task, don’t forget to take backup your important data to your computer. So, follow these instructions on how to reset your Garmin Nuvi:
- First, unplug your device from the power outlet.
- Then, to make sure that your device is off, press and hold the power button until you see to turn off the device message.
- Now, touch and hold the lower right-hand corner of the touch screen and immediately press the power button. You have to hold them 30 seconds until the Garmin logo will disappear.
- After that, release your fingers and then Garmin Logo will appear again.
- Once you’ll see all the copyright information and Garmin Logo on the screen then, touch and hold the lower right-hand corner of the touch screen again.
- Now, you’ll see a message named, "Erase all user data?" Agree to that by pressing the ‘yes’ option.
If you want to perform a master reset for Garmin Nuvi devices then, follow these points mentioned below:
- Click on View Map
- Select the Speed Icon
- Press and hold the speedometer until you see the Diagnostics Page.
- Then, Clear all user data.
- Then, click on the ‘yes’ option when you’ll see popup named "Erase all user data?"
After this, perform the Garmin Nuvi Update so that you can operate your device without facing any problems and with new features.